IN STUDIO PROGRAM: (ages 8+)
Are your children tired of a summer program where they are just one child in a large group of children? Do they come home tired because all day long they have been ordered around and told what to do? ACORN SCHOOL OF ART has the perfect program for the child that wants their summer to FEEL like it’s vacation.
* Limited to 8 children with 3 teachers
* Center-based classroom with various supplies (provided)
* Child chooses what they want to make. Imagination is encouraged. The teacher’s job is to facilitate the creative thinking process and assist with difficult aspects of the construction.
* Outdoor play and snack at Crocker Park once a day (included in camp cost)
* Full day (9am-4pm) – $550
* Morning session (9am-1pm) – $300
* Afternoon (1pm-4pm) – $250
SALEM WILLOWS LANDSCAPE PAINTING PROGRAM: (ages 7+)
* Children are taken to the Salem Willows and taught the traditional plein air techniques covering the foundations of perspective, color, and value over the course of a week. Each student will complete one 12 x 16 in. panel of a landscape view of their choice. Each morning opens up with demonstration. The student then picks their spot, and 3 teachers assist them throughout the process. Late morning, we break for snack and the children are supervised in the arcade (children must bring quarters for the arcade). Pick up is at 1pm at the Acorn Gallery.
* Limited to 16 students with 3 teachers
* Transportation to and from studio provided
* Snack provided
* Supplies included in cost
9am to 1pm Monday-Friday
Sign up is easy! Click on ‘Register for Classes’ at the top of the page, then click ‘Summer 2020’ to find the summer class options.